Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Recognition of Prior Learning – Various Qualifications
- Improve your job prospects
- Save you time and money
- Assist you to upskill and develop professionally without having to take time off work
Myths and misconceptions:
Unfortunately, some people have had negative experiences with RPL’s, describing them as time consuming and difficult. We have a team dedicated to guide, support and facilitate this process making it as time efficient and as straight forward as possible.
What is the RPL process?
The RPL assessment process can often be completed using existing evidence of your skills and may not require additional study. If you have the skills, knowledge and experience gained over the course of your career, you may well be eligible for a qualification.
- Evidence portfolio – where you gather evidence such as resume, references and work samples to support your knowledge and skills
- Portfolio assessment – our experts will assess your portfolio and contact you to arrange a competency conversation
- Gap training – The Portfolio skills assessment can identify any training areas and upskill you to remain competitive within your sector, and tailored training can be arranged to help you fill the gaps
- Qualification!! – You will receive a nationally recognized qualification to further your career
What qualifications can I utilise Recognition of Prior Learning?
Horizon2 offers a range RPL qualifications within the Community Sector from ranging from a Certificate III to a Diploma.
To find out more, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will call you at a time that suits.
Click on each title below to access more information
RPL is only available to established workers (those already in the industry) –to be eligible for the process, you will need to have at least 12 months work experience.
The structure and units completed via RPL will vary dependant on the individuals work experience, the industry sector they work in and which qualification is best suits to you. This is all discussed as a part of the planning process.
Fees for the program vary dependant on whether the individual holds a concession card, whether they can access funding andwhether there are credit transfers available. Please contact our office to discuss your situation.
Eligible students may be able to access funding from the QLD Government under Certificate 3 Guarantee or Higher Level Skills funding. Co-contribution fees for the program vary dependant on whether the individual holds a concession card, whether there are credit transfers available. Please contact our office to discuss your situation.
Call 1300 889 564
Click here here to download our list of course fees.