CHCSS00098 – Individual Support – Disability Skill Set
This skill set is designed to address training gaps within the disability sector and to provide disability workers with higher level skills to support high quality care. You will learn how to facilitate and empower people with a disability using a strengths-based approach. You will learn how to encourage and nurture self determination through on-going skill development. You will develop further insight into behaviour and how to provide a positive, nurturing and safe environment as well as how to support, encourage and foster inclusion while addressing social participation within the community.
Click on each title below to access more information
This skill set has been endorsed by industry as suitable for individuals who:
- hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in Community Services, Health or related field; or
- have skills equivalent to the qualification requirement validated through a recognition of prior learning process
Units of competency:
- CHCDIS001 Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach
- CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS003 Support community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
Qualifications will be completed via a combination of self-paced, study group or classroom session(s). The duration will vary dependant on the delivery style and training plan negotiated for each student.Where relevant, assessment of competency may involve recognition of prior learning or credit transfer if prior skills or certification is held.
Fees for the program vary dependant on whether the individual holds a concession card, whether there are credit transfers available.
Eligible students may be able to access funding from the QLD Government under Higher Level Skills funding. Co-contribution fees for the program vary dependant on whether the individual holds a concession card, whether there are credit transfers available. Please contact our office to discuss your situation.
For a complete outline of units & delivery options please contact Horizon2: To find out more, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will call you at time that suits.
Call 1300 889 564
Click here here to download out list of course fees.